Shotgun Sinners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shotgun Sinners

A New Era Is Coming...

+11
Plug In Baby
Slow Motion Suicide
McBowden
NØthing_At_All
Slaughtermatic Sounds
Angel Of Unknown
Black Mariah
Hopeless Heart
Make Believe.
everything is
15 posters

MCR and Related News

McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster
    Number of posts : 3863
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

MCR and Related News - Page 21 Empty Re: MCR and Related News

Post by McBowden Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:33 am

**Forgot to add a minor detail. its a vinyl.

lol just a minor detail............
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster
    Number of posts : 2844
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

Post by Plug In Baby Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:44 am

gah vinyl is so inconveniant...
    McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster

Post by McBowden Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:24 pm

i know ae.? EVERYthings out on vinyl atm. so frustrating.... i cant buy it
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake
    Number of posts : 5458
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:44 am

My Chemical Romance LOVES IN-FLIGHT INTERET. lulz.

Aww Gerard!

No Apprentice This Year!
    posted by Gerard on Jan 16, 2009 1:32pm
    The title of this blog is inspired by a text sent to me from Mikey Way. Willow, for some reason, is a movie we constantly talk about in the MCR camp, and watch from time to time. I literally remember us watching it one night before playing a show, and what proceeded was a bunch of very obscure in-jokes during the set. There are actually lots of those weird little things in the set.

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for bidding on the Ebay auctions...it's really going to be a big help and we were amazed at how many people stepped up to bid on the items. You guys are great.

So lets see, what's been going on...
    I miss blogging.
    Lindsey and I went to the Sequoias (those trees are HUGE!)
    We are gearing up to get together again and start rocking some more.
    Ray just informed me that Watchmen is coming out on time, which is great news.
    I have obviously been watching Rock Of Love Bus. And I love it.

More blogs today?

I think so.

G

And another.
    He makes me lol. Especially the bit about the rubbish bins.
    It's no secret that I'm into some seriously geeky stuff.

And I'm not one of these guys who would say "Oh dude I totally used to play Dungeons and Dragons and I played a Half-Elf", boldly squeezing yet another color onto the palette of irony, blobbed right next to "Elk-sweatshirt" and "Handlebar mustache".

That shit is weak to me, and earns you no points. If you weren't rolling dice until you were at least 25 years old, LARP'ed by the time you were 15, or know that there was in fact a Riddler "Super Powers" figure (merely a repainted Green Lantern) produced in Argentina only, under the brand name "Super Amigos", naturally, then there comes a point in the conversation where you are simply not following me, a point where no amount of head-nodding can convince me you have any idea what I'm talking about, nor do I make any sense to a normal person.

Like when I talk about buying a reissue of a "Land Of The Giants" trash-can from 1969, to go along with my vintage "Planet Of The Apes" trash-can I got off Ebay, because, obviously, one old science fiction trash-can manufactured for a child isn't enough. I need two.

But I digress, and I'd like to point out that I am trying not to be an elitist about this, I have just grown increasingly frustrated with the recent swing in popularity toward "geek-stuff", simply because these days wearing elf-ears is getting dangerously close to having a Bro-hawk six years ago. But if you got into all this crazy obscure geekery at 36 years old, more power to you. I need people to blow up with my Orks anyway...

Which brings us to-

Warhammer 40K.

I remember playing my first game of Warhammer 40K as a smaller scale version of it called EPIC 40K, with my friend D.J. up in Glen Ridge, NJ where he lived. It was great. It was fun. I knew shit about painting minis (short for miniatures or "little metal men" as my Mom would call them, as in "You've got these fucking little metal men all over the house") so my Eldar Reaver Titan didn't look very good, and in fact was painted with Testor's Enamels (the "kiss of death" for mini's, purchased at fine stores such as K-Mart) and looked like I had dipped my Eldar War Host into full bottles of my Mom's nail-polish (they were still sticky as we were playing and I had finished them WEEKS before the battle). D.J's minis always looks great, and he had a full army of Orks.

But I had a great time, despite the fact that I lost.
    I lost a lot.
    In fact I don't think I ever beat DJ and we played al the time, but winning isn't everything (see VMA's 2005) and the game was more about collecting, painting, converting, and having a blast.

When we upgraded to good old 40K (was it still Rogue Trader at this point?) I changed armies, now opting for the Imperial Guard. I gravitated toward this army because they were literally normal guys, just simple army guys with lousy laser rifles. And they died like normal guys, ALL THE TIME. But I just loved the idea of a scrub with a Lasrifle going up against a Greater Demon Of Nurgle- kind of like The Dirty Dozen vs The Balrog.

Then came a brief interlude with teenage drinking (not recommended), and a short attempt at "being cool".

That didn't last at all so the next army I got into was Orks.

Orks in 40K are great because they are basically like the Orcs we have come to know in fantasy literature, but the are in space. So they're Space Orks...and to me that's pretty fucking cool. And they are also great for guys like me that aren't amazing painters, because they basically covered in garbage, shooting garbage at you, and driving around in garbage. And they don't require much strategy, which I am obviously horrible with, you just run in and start shooting.

So I haven't actually played much since I was a kid but I still follow it, occasionally grab some minis from the local Games Workshop and entertain the idea of eventually playing. During the making of Black Parade I actually convinced Ray Toro to get into it. He got Space Wolves, the only kind of Space Marines I actually dig. Oh and I just remembered we actually got Patrick Stump into it...Necrons...that was great...it's lure knew no bounds.

I'm currently into The Death Korps of Krieg, and Vostroyans, both Imperial Guard armies, and as always Orks (especially those new plastic kits and the awesome Forgeworld stuff), though I occasionally miss the Eldar, and think about starting up some of those as well. I also briefly flirted with Tau, because Fire Warriors are some of my favorite models.

So that's some shit I love.

G

***forgot to mention, me and Mikey played some wicked f-ing games of Necromunda***
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:48 am

Oh and Gerard's Twitter said "gerard: Epic blog! Heading to a recording studio..."

MCR and Related News - Page 21 928114
    Slow Motion Suicide
    Slow Motion Suicide
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Libra Horse
    Number of posts : 3817

Post by Slow Motion Suicide Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:49 am

when i saw that i like died
    McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster

Post by McBowden Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:14 am

squee much?! bounce crazy sarah
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:19 am

When can we hear Desolation Row?
    McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster

Post by McBowden Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:26 am

...cant remember.... google it...

I gotta run, havent even had time to read this, but i got an email

Hello friends,

A new day is here, I hope you're all well. I'm writing to let you all know that ive been busy…and time flies when you're busy I suppose. It's mid January already, and everything in northern new jersey is frozen and dead. So I'll get right to the point…some of you may have heard that a while back I started work on a band called Leathermouth with a few of my friends from back home in Jersey.

We played a few shows, wrote a few songs, and ended up recording 10 of those songs in our basements. Now, after what feels like a lifetime, on January 27th 2009 those 10 songs are finally being released as a full length CD entitled, "XO", on Epitaph Records…and Im pretty excited about this. Ever since I was a young kid going to shows I always wanted to be in a band I believed in and release a record I put my heart into, ive been fortunate enough in my life to experience this a couple of times…and it never gets old. Now I must say this project isn't for all of you, I urge you to find out for yourselves what Leathermouth is before you form an opinion or spend any of your hard earned money on it. I venture to say many of you will probably end up hating it and I encourage you to vent that distaste as you see fit, my only hope is that you are not indifferent to it.

With that said, if you do end up enjoying LM, well then let god have mercy on your eternal soul, and if you want to preorder the record you can do so now at Smartpunk or Interpunk. Also, for those of you that live in the greater New Jersey area, we are going to be playing a last minute CD release show at Vintage Vinyl, 51 Lafayette Rd in Fords, NJ on Tuesday Jan 27th at 7pm sharp. If you pre-order the record there or pick it up on the street date, they'll give you a wristband for the show. You can go to their website for all the details.

Thank you for your time

XOfrank
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster

Post by Plug In Baby Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:50 am

Bleh I got one too... And here's me thinking Frank sent it personally to me...
    haha
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:51 am

Leathermouth is deffs not my scene.
    Slow Motion Suicide
    Slow Motion Suicide
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Libra Horse
    Number of posts : 3817

Post by Slow Motion Suicide Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:40 pm

lol i love gerards latest blog:

WTF...

-does a guy have to do to find some Frankenberry in the state of California?
    Did they stop making it? Do they still make it and just don't ship it to Los Angeles?
    Am I going to have to order some of Amazon?

Picture that for a minute...just close your eyes let your imagination bring this scenario to life...

A person, me, you, whoever- logging onto amazon, pulling out an actual credit card, inputing the exact numbers and the desired shipping address, possibly even selecting "Next-Day Air" to get some goddamned Frankenberry in a motherfuckin' cereal bowl.

I have searched several supermarkets in the last month and have not come across ANY of the cereal monsters. They always have Lucky Charms and all that other awesome sugar-shit but no F-Berry.

I don't even know how I even ended craving it in the first place, but I now have it strong.

F-berry.

***update***
    I am just now learning that there are some people that live in California that have never even HEARD of Frankenberry. I mean I don't even know what to say about that...you've been deprived...I'm sorry.
    Heres all you need to know-
    It's cereal that tastes like "strawberry flavor" but it's not exactly "strawberry flavored".
    It has marshmallows.
    It gives you pink sugar-milk.
    Frankenberry has a giant head and red nail-polish...and he has two friends (he used to have a third but Fruit Brute is a bit elusive) -
    Heres a link...it's listed as a"Monster Trilogy" of cereal...like no shit...
    http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Cereal-Trilogy/dp/B00152KJMG/ref=pd_bbs_sr...
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 pm

I don't even know what to say about that...you've been deprived...I'm sorry.

rofl
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster

Post by Plug In Baby Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:37 am

I loled when he said
    "[If you haven't] LARP'ed by the time you were 15."

Me and my freinds have a LARP club...
    RCLARPC WHAAAAT!
    [insert forced laughter]
    .. insider joke...
    ... completly useless on this site...
    ...still don't know why I'm talking...
    MCR and Related News - Page 21 965709
    Lurking
    McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster

Post by McBowden Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:27 am

GO TO MWO RIGHT. NOW.

they have a preview of Desolation Row, def studio version.

i cant watch it *stupid work* but still.
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster

Post by Plug In Baby Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:46 am

linkage?
    McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster

Post by McBowden Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:49 am

www.mikeywayonline.net

you may need to refresh the page, they have this weird operation aboted problem......
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster

Post by Plug In Baby Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:09 am

www.myspace.com/msinzst
    JOIN THE MSI STREET TEAM!
    made by me and Sarah in an attempt to make MSI come to New Zealand.
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster

Post by Plug In Baby Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:29 am

From BC Bryar
    hi,
    this is just a quick message to set it straight and let everyone know for sure about networking sites and mychem. we do not have personal myspace pages or facebook pages or anything like that. when you come across a profile that says it is us please do not believe it. i am just saying this because i keep having people tell me they talk to me on myspace. i have had some pretty in depth and totally false conversations i guess. it is so creepy that someone is pretending to be me, i hope they make me sound cool at least. rule of thumb... if the name is ray toro, frank iero, gerard Way, mikey Way, or bcbryar it is fake. you are probably talking to some old weirdo eating crackers and petting his goldfish.

we do have our band myspace, our twitter accounts, and our blog on our site. that is it. dont be fooled by creepazoids. if you have any of them as friends please send them this over and over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0zj41czSeY

thank you.
    have a nice day
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster

Post by Plug In Baby Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:43 am

Black Pajama Party wrote:www.mikeywayonline.net

you may need to refresh the page, they have this weird operation aboted problem......

God, It sounds so good!

My dad is a huge Bob Dylan fan, Like he has every album, EP, live DVD, authorized bootleg, unauthorized bootleg, limited edition, special edition, surround sound edition... you get my drift...
    But what I hope is that if he sees/hears MCR's version of Bob Dylans Desolation Row maybe he might just respect MCR's music and take it for more than just noise...

I wont hold my breath but it's nice to dream...

That's pretty much why I'm so hyped for the song to come out.
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:59 am

-various squealings-

I love that song, mum is big Bob Dylan fan.
    I can't wait to hear the whole thing.
    McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster

Post by McBowden Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:07 pm

.. i havent heard bob dylan.

nor the my chem cover

so... next weekend, i will:
    google the original and listen
    then hope that the cover is still up on the net, and listen
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster

Post by Plug In Baby Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:48 am

The original is better if you ask me.
    Its like 11 minutes long.
    I don't like the Way Gee screams the song, it sort of takes away from the poetic lyrics, so people don't really get to fully appreciate the lyrics.
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:56 am

Ha!
    Breaking news!

MikayWay is bringing his big brother some cereal.
    http://twitpic.com/15o4i
    No worries, Gee. I'll see how many of these I can shove into my suitcase..

...N'aww!
    My brother wouldn't even buy me a can of beans thins afternoon.
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster

Post by Plug In Baby Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:59 am

thats super sweet

Sponsored content