Shotgun Sinners

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shotgun Sinners

A New Era Is Coming...

+11
Plug In Baby
Slow Motion Suicide
McBowden
NØthing_At_All
Slaughtermatic Sounds
Angel Of Unknown
Black Mariah
Hopeless Heart
Make Believe.
everything is
15 posters

MCR and Related News

McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster
    Number of posts : 3863
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

MCR and Related News - Page 23 Empty Re: MCR and Related News

Post by McBowden Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:02 am

The Princess Bride wrote:Ohh the store is all different.

www.mychemicalromance.com/store

it looks kinda funny

like, im glad that TBP theme has gone from the store, and the layout is fine and all, but the picture not going all the Way down annoys me....

or is that just my computer?
    McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster

Post by McBowden Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:03 am

img-ing fail

=/
    McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster

Post by McBowden Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 am

and YEA!
    I want the hoodie.!!
    but, i want most their merch. =/
    everything is
    everything is
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Aquarius Rooster
    Number of posts : 2340
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by everything is Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:57 am

Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake
    Number of posts : 5458
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Yeah me too.
    I like the long sleeved red and black one, too.
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster
    Number of posts : 2844
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

Post by Plug In Baby Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:14 am

I wanna see the full length version...
    McBowden
    McBowden
    Oh So Famous

Female
    Gemini Rooster

Post by McBowden Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:25 am

if you havent seen the full length yet....

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/desolation-row/3287481795

or maybe its just me who was slow? idk. either Way, warner keep taking it off youtube.

dude it really cool!
    although, it doesnt seem as mcr-ey, seeing as its not them, and im just gonna go google the original now to compare....
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:15 am

I really like it.
    It's rather "Teenagers"-ish.
    I love the last shot, of the police van. Makes me think of "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison"
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:32 am

Gerard blogged about it.

"Did you guys see that fucking video?!
    posted by Gerard on Jan 30, 2009 5:57pm
    Cuz that shit is AWESOME
    I'm so glad it's finally out... when we originally shot the video we were really excited to talk about it on the blog but figured we had to wait until it was released. We had taken a ton of photos and wanted to share them so I'm going to be doing that over the course of the week. Serious life-long dream to be a part of this film in some Way, and we were lucky enough to have Zack direct it. He did a bang up job. Everyone on the set did...
    Some of my favorite people on the set were the guys that played the "Knot-Tops", which is a street-gang from the comic. So I snapped a picture of them hanging out...
    I would say this is in continuity...
    Enjoy the video.
    G"

And he posted lots of photos you should go look.
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:34 am

And Mikey Twittered thisL

"mikey: I have just been informed that "Desolation Row" is the number 1 video on itunes. Hi-fives all around!! You guys are so good to us.

1 day ago"
    Make Believe.
    Make Believe.
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Pisces Monkey
    Number of posts : 1081
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by Make Believe. Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:50 am

Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:00 am

Me too!
    I love it.
    Plug In Baby
    Plug In Baby
    Bad Motherfucker

Female
    Taurus Rooster
    Number of posts : 2844
    Registration date : 2008-08-15

Post by Plug In Baby Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Gerard wrote,
    I actually wish I had more pictures. I know Devin, who oversees all of our videos at Warner has a ton of great photos he took so I'm going to hit him up. I definitely thought I had Way more than I do.

I took this photo the last night of shooting, when we had finished earlier in the evening and the rest of the band had airplanes to catch home in time for Christmas. So I hopped out of my costume and back into my civilian clothes and just hung around the set, watching.

Zack was shooting the exterior action of some punks assaulting a police officer, squad cars rolling up, patrons in a panic and scattering, really intense stuff. The whole while we were on this big empty avenue downtown, and it was completely shut down so we felt like the last people on Earth, kind of like driving really late at night.

I think this marquee is still up actually.
    It came with the picture of the sign that said "tonite My Chemival Romance" from the video.
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:45 am

So Ray posted some random blog about a dude, yelling.
    And Jeff posted the video.
    everything is
    everything is
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Aquarius Rooster
    Number of posts : 2340
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by everything is Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:52 am

I love the new video soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
    Everything about it is perfect.
    MCR + Watchmen = awesome.
    It's like, two of my favourite things mixed together.
    I love the fact that 'My Chemical Romance' and 'Pale Horse' are on the same sign.
    And I love the end when Frank sticks his tongue out.
    And all Gerard's facial expressions.
    And all the little Watchmen references.
    And the energy of the song.
    It's just perfect.

btw, you can download the video here:
    http://fleurdeliser.livejournal.com/117855.html?nc=94

And also btw, if anyone's interested, I saw posters for the Watchmen movie today, and the release date said 5th of March, which is technically 2 days before the US gets it.
    I'm very very excited.

=D
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:46 am

Oh cool. We get it first?
    That's odd. But Way sweet.
    I love the last shot of the video, of them in the back of the police van.
    It just make me think of
    ...In the middle of a gun fight... Lol. the intro to 'You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison' would fit perfectly to the end of that video.
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:02 am

Okay so, GWay says:
    "Andy Dick finally showed up in VH1's Sober House, which I wasn't exactly into for the first few episodes.
    I found the show generally uninteresting and felt that none of them in the house had a shot in hell at staying clean due to the nature of the situation, with the exception of Rodney King. That dude is holding it down.
    I also don't know how I feel about the cliffhanger involving Shifty Shelshock's (sp?) webcam?/suicide?/cryforhelp?.... what the hell is going on there and are we going to have to wait three weeks to find out?
    I'm only hoping there's more Andy..."

Also He posted a picture of LA being all couldy and rainyand said:
    "Every single time we start a new record it rains in LA.
    Without fail, and for the duration of the recording process.
    Hope you guys have umbrellas!
    G"

...MCR and Related News - Page 23 928114

And also.
    "F-BERRY!
    posted by Gerard on Feb 06, 2009 12:24pm
    Franken-awesome.
    Thanks, Xavier..."

And a picture of his cearel BUT he has a #5 Action Figur in the background.
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:20 am

Oh, and MikaaayWay found a box with the circle of guns and city scape backdrops in it.
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Ray:

"Yes G, we did indeed bring the rain. I don't know what it is, but whenever we get back together the skies start crying. I think its colder here in LA than in Jersey! Sorry guys...

We had a very long and well deserved break, but I and the rest of the guys are already back to work writing and are having a great time. I don't think you all out there know, maybe some of you do, but MCR really is a family first, and a band second. or maybe both at the same time, I don't know. Being able to write music with these guys, having our families out here through the process to make it feel like home, I feel very lucky and thankful for this great life.

In other news, I've started to tackle Mega Man 9. What a genius stroke by Capcom to release this game. If you guys haven't had a chance to try it (or any of the previous in the series) you have to give it a shot. This is pure old-school gaming at its best. So far my favorite "F*&( you" moment from the designers is in Tornado Man's stage, where some clouds offer you safe footing, while others you will pass right through and die a sorry death. Or the part in Plug Man's stage, where the infamous disappearing blocks return. Just went you think a block will appear to stop your fall, "f&^* you!!" say the designers. In your rush to get across the bottomless pit, you forgot to notice the timing of the blocks has now changed. "f*&%(% YOUUUU!!!!"
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Mr. Toro posts again:

"Who watches the Watchmen...
    posted by Ray on Feb 13, 2009 11:07am
    We did! Went to a screening a few days ago at WB. The movie turned out great. Anyone who's read the book knows how complex the plot is, so that in and of itself is a challenge, but really what makes the book great are the characters. Each of the Watchmen has multiple layers themselves.
    Throughout the book you learn more and more about their motivations and how they ended up where they are. Its like the slow peeling of an onion, and getting this across in a film is a tough feat.

Zack and crew managed to do just that. The Way they handled Rorschach and Manhattan felt the best to me, as these two characters I feel are the most interesting in the book. Rorschach is amazing because he is very one track. His sense of justice is absolute, and never falters from that. With Manhattan, you're asked an important question. What if you had the power to save the world, but didn't want to? You will feel sorry for this man with infinite powers, yet no desire to use them.

They also amped up the action sequences, which was a smart move. In the book, you get a sense that even though the Watchmen aren't true "super-heroes" in the expected sense, they know how to fight. These fight scenes and the violence overall are brutal and bloody. I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie in a real theater when it comes out to hear the reactions from the audience on some of these shots.

I think you guys will really love the movie.

In other news, we've been writing for the past week. Things have been moving fast, and are feeling really good. I think we'll soon be hitting our stride, and can't wait to see what comes out of that.

Oh and check out Flower on PS3. If you ever feel the need to get away from the world, load up this game. Take to the winds and enjoy."

And Jeff posted a Desolation Row video.
    And gerard posted a picture of a dog and called it "The Angry Rasin"
    And posted another photo of his cereal.
    "I Cannot Be Fucking Stopped.
    posted by Gerard on Feb 11, 2009 11:23pm
    I'm three boxes deep into a case of Frankenberry and I'm still not sick of it. I eat a bowl every night after practice. I think I actually like it more than I did as a child...it's far more mild than I remember. Calming."

And a photo of the cereal and there is a Watchmen' something or other in the background lol.
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:24 am

OMGZZ!!

"My Chemical Romance Album Won't Be A 'Kitchen Sink' Affair'I think it's going to get by on its musicianship and its own merits in the songs,' frontman Gerard Way says of less dramatic album.

There was a time, long before the multiplatinum records and the pancake makeup, before the Eisner Award-winning comics or the Dylan cover in the "Watchmen" film, when My Chemical Romance were just another band from New Jersey. They would like very much to get back to that time.

So that's goal number one with their new album — the follow-up to the massively successful, massively ambitious Welcome to the Black Parade — which they're currently writing in Los Angeles. They hope to get back to their roots — to make manic, fast-and-furious, spur-of-the-moment punk. And, above all, to keep it simple.

"When we had just finished Black Parade, I think doing that record made us feel like we could do everything. And so I think the Way to top a record that already kind of does everything is to not do everything," MCR frontman Gerard Way smiled. "I don't think this is gonna be a 'kitchen sink' record. I think it's going to get by on its musicianship and its own merits in the songs.

"And every record ... I like to think they're snapshots of what your band is at that moment, and this is really going to be that. I think there's going to be lack of concept, I think it's simply a snapshot, I think it's going to be direct and very honest," he continued. "It's not going to be hiding behind a veil of fiction or uniforms and makeup anymore. ... From the stuff we've been playing so far, just feels very pure. That's the best Way to describe it. People who were really big fans of our first record, they'll find things they're really going to love about the new material — and not because we sound like that first record at all, it's because there's a purity to it. There's less happening."

It's a tactic they first learned while recording their version of Dylan's "Desolation Row" for Zack Snyder's upcoming "Watchmen" film: Stop thinking and just get busy rocking.

"From working on 'Desolation Row' ... I think it was very natural. We just kind of did stuff and the song was there. There was no over-thinking," Way explained. "[But, having said that] we're not going to make a retro record at all. It will sound like a modern rock record, but I think we would like to try to redefine that, what that actually means. By saying it sounds like a modern rock record, it'll sound new — I don't think it'll sound like what's on the radio right now."

And to that point, though it may sound like MCR are trying hard to strip away the rather, uh, grandiose leanings of The Black Parade, they've still got the swagger of a band that's moved units and toured the globe. They've been surveying the musical landscape that's appeared in their absence, and they're not very pleased by what they see. Take, for example, the (working) title of one of their new songs: "New Hair, Same Sh--."

"It's about having new hair, but it's the same sh--. That's the concept," Way laughed. "I think the new album is going to be a response to the two years of touring on Parade. A reaction to what's happening right now — everything that we're not a part of — and a response to it."

Click for video http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1605259/20090217/my_chemical_romance.jhtml
    Make Believe.
    Make Believe.
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Pisces Monkey
    Number of posts : 1081
    Registration date : 2008-07-07

Post by Make Believe. Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:33 am

tried to watch it at school, no sound. still squeed though!
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:37 am

Various Ray Randomness.
    "My current favorite cereal...

Look, let's cut to the chase here. This cereal is fucking fantastic tasty. Some cereals have a lot of bells and whistles. You know that Basic 4 cereal? I used to eat it when I was a few years younger. There were like 20 ingredients in that. You had 3 different kind of flakes, cranberries, almonds, walnuts, toasty oats...man now that I think about it that cereal was pretty delicious. At any rate, there was a lot going on.

life (OG lower case) Cinnamon is as basic as it gets. You can eat it straight it up like I do. A whole grain oat in the shape of a crispy chex, with perfect crunch and a sublime finish. Just look at that delicious spoonful. Any cereal that can make two adolescent girls as happy as that has to be good. Just look at their smiles people, genuine. To top it off, you got Ben Franklin-looking Quaker up there watching down on the whole scene, as if to say "Eat my delicious morsels, and you shall find peace."

Well I did Quaker, and I'm peaceful as a light rain."

Followed by...
    "some crazy shit happened

i don't know why that dog is showing up, I didn't eat it I promise. click the dog and you'll see the picture of the life, but shit, a dog in bullet proof armor? pretty sick..."

Then posted an amazingly cute picture of his dog, Bauer in a guitar case.
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Slaughtermatic Sounds
    Shotgun Sinner

Female
    Capricorn Snake

Post by Slaughtermatic Sounds Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:40 pm

Lot's of new blogs on their site.
    A new Twitter message about some dorky gamer thing I don't understand.
    New links to videos and interviews.
    And a new message at the top that said "My Chemical Romance IS WATCHING PLANET OF THE APES"
    Go look.
    NØthing_At_All
    NØthing_At_All
    Avenge My Ghost

Male
    Leo Dog
    Number of posts : 5815
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by NØthing_At_All Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:22 am

OMM, I wanna donate to Bob's Red Bull Wall...even though I don't drink red bull...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:02 am